‘The Son of Man Came Not to Be Served, but to Serve’ (Matthew 20:28)
When you come to any gathering of people, there is a whole lot of work to make that happen. Some of that work is seen by others. But much of it is not; those efforts are no less important than the visible ones, but are sometimes not thought about much.
Churches are no different, especially smaller ones like Evangelical Church of Fairport. We rely heavily on our body members to voluntarily use their God-given gifts to edify the church and perfect the saints (Ephesians 4:12). It takes a team of people to conduct a service, even one as simple as our monthly Wednesday night prayer meeting that on the surface seems like a “no-brainer,” as they say.
For this reason, we encourage membership at ECF. It opens up more ways to plug-in and serve the body than if you just attend regularly. There’s still plenty you can do as a non-member, but why settle for the lowest common denominator?
Here are just some of the areas at ECF where you can get involved, participate and also serve and put to good use your Spiritual gifts:
- Men’s Ministry (Contact: Pastor Ken)
- Women’s Ministry (Contact: Diana Holbein)
- Youth Fellowship (Contact: Bob & Hilda Collier)
- Multimedia Team (Contact: Pastor Scott)
- Meals Ministry (Contact: Deacons)
- Nursery/Child Care (Contact: Christian Education Director)
- Food Pantry (Contact: Deacons)
- Communion Fellowship Meal Kitchen Crew
- Greeter/Usher (Contact: Deacons)
- Music Team (Contact: Pastor Scott)